In light of recent developments, when we are surrounded with so much change and uncertainty, we need, more than ever, to find ways of looking after ourselves.
Here are some suggestions:
1. Again — I’m stating the obvious — You’re your main priority. If you don’t look after yourself, you will not be able to help others in need, especially at the moment.
2. I sincerely encourage you to limit the amount of TV and social media. News is designed to create angst, fear and nervousness. Some of us are addicted to news, but it increases your tension and stress levels. By all means, be informed, but if you can limit watching the news and scanning social media to once or twice a day, you will notice a GREAT reduction in your levels of stress.
3. Drink water and eat well. Avoid junk food — it drains your energy further.
4. Give yourself time to rest, to reflect, and nourish.
Read, meditate, do yoga, gardening, journaling, listening to music, drawing, painting, etc.
It is a perfect time to go inside yourself, to be more aware. Spend some time recharging yourself, to create a self-healing, soothing and nurturing environment.
5. Exercise, move your body — this is ESSENTIAL!! Try a little bit daily to get yourself started. Even just 5–10 minutes a day to start with. This will help to ground you, reduce worry and anguish.
6. Sleep! At least 8 hours a day. Rest as much as your body needs, so you can recharge yourself for the next day.
7. Last but not least: Help others. Call your friends/family, support others who might need you, in whatever way you can.
Please feel free to share your self-care practices….
With all my love ❤️