Here are some of the main points I’ll explore, but there are many many more to delve into:
- You’re your main priority.
Looking after yourself is your main priority. It’s not a luxury anymore, but it’s a necessity for your wellbeing and growth.
And please don’t feel guilty about it. Yes, we (especially women) have been made to think that looking after yourself is SELFISH.
NONSENSE!! Don’t believe it anymore.
How about we make our ‘new’ New Year’s Resolution (I know, I said in one of my previous posts that I hate New Year’s resolutions, but I’ll make an exception here!) to be:
LOOKING AFTER YOURSELF IN 2020 IS GOING TO BE OUR MAIN PRIORITY!
- Be honest with yourself, on how you feel, and what you want or need. Read my post about it. https://atomic-temporary-153292689.wpcomstaging.com/how-are-you-feeling-after-christmas/
- Take your time before you say YES. Check internally, sense whether you want to do it. Or why you are doing it. Do you want to please anyone?
- Learn to use, or even overuse, saying NO. You can always change your mind, but if you’re unsure or have any doubt, always say NO.
I’ll give you a tip here. If saying straightforward NO is too difficult for you, you can say instead, “Let me think about it and I’ll get back to you“. This way, it’s not a straight NO, but it gives you time and an opportunity to think about it and make a decision without any pressure.
- Notice which people drain your energy or are negative. Learn how to discern. Yet again, listen to your body. The wisdom is inside of us. And avoid or minimise spending time with those people.
- Conversely, notice who makes you feel energised, who is positive, encouraging and motivating. And spend more time around them.
- Have a lot of compassion for yourself. You don’t have to be perfect – just good enough, and treat yourself as you would treat your best friend.
- Trust your feelings and intuition much much more, using them as your internal compass. Exercise those “gut feeling” muscles – the more you practice, the better you get.
- Be more forgiving, gentle and less self-critical.
- Last but not least! Practice feeling GRATEFUL. It will really make you happier. Appreciate what you already have and be thankful.